|Title:||Statewide Animal Cruelty Investigator|
|Location:||South central Missouri|
The Humane Society is seeking a dedicated individual with excellent communication and animal handling skills to respond to calls regarding the welfare of animals. Due to the nature of the job, weekend and on call availability is a must. This position serves multiple counties in South Central Missouri. This full-time position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, as well as vacation, sick and holiday pay.
- The investigation of allegations of animal neglect, abuse and abandonment within an assigned territory
- Will also educate pet/livestock owners and promote responsible animal care
- Will assist the Animal Cruelty Task Force with the rescue of animals due to distressing conditions or disasters within the state of Missouri.
- May occasionally participate in a disaster rescue mission outside of Missouri.
- Must live in South Central Missouri, including the counties of Miller, Maries, Crawford, or further south
- A high level of self-motivation
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of responsible pet ownership
- Previous animal-handling experience is required
- Experience as an investigator or in security is preferred
- High level of professionalism displayed at all times
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record